Thursday, February 6, 2014

Bard Creek Railroad System Diagram

After discovering Bard Creek, looking for information about the area's geography, looking up Colorado Central as well as Colorado and Southern railroad information, checking Google maps and creating a route for this fictitious line: I have now gone a step further and created a system diagram; showing where I'd place every turnout, turntable, snow shed, bridge, etc...

So behold, the official Bard Creek R.R. System Map:

You may need to click to expand it to a full view or open it in a different tab.

I did this diagram based off of what I saw in this Satellite image which came from Google Maps, and then I traced the route in a true map fashion:


Technically, the above diagram is the "trackplan" of the whole 5 mile route I made up.  any modules that I build will represent something shown in this diagram.  small modules could simply have a water tower near the creek, larger modules will support mines, snow sheds, and other space-needing scenes.

One quick note to those who ask, "Why have snow sheds?"  Remember that this railroad is supposed to represent Colorado railroads in general, so whatever you find in the state could easily be represented on this railroad.  Plus, snow sheds are cool!

--James

No comments:

Post a Comment